Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Penny Black Cat Christmas Greeting Card

I will start by apologizing for the poor quality of the photos of today's card.  It keeps getting darker earlier in Minnesota and I've done a poor job of finishing cards in time to get photos with natural light.


 I used a base of Hunter Green, with Whisper White that I embossed with my wonderful friend Norma's poinsettia folder (THANK YOU NORMA!).


 I layered the stamped image onto Bravo Burgundy, and then added a left over piece of pattern paper from an earlier Penny Black card I made last week.


 I stamped the sentiment from Perfect Punches in Versamark, and then coated in a fine silver embossing powder and heat embossed it.


 I used water color pencils and blender pens to color the image.


 I used pop dots to adhere the sentiment and covered the Christmas tree bulbs with buttons for more dimension.


Here is one more look at the finished card.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment