Saturday, November 22, 2008
Happy Saturday all! It is snowing a bit here in Minnesota. I think that is a great excuse for me to play in my craft room. Today marks the end of my charity auction on eBay in memory of Kathy (sweetpeascraps) who lost her battle with cancer in August.
It is so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week already! Time certainly flies once Halloween comes, but each year seems to be faster and faster. I'm not sure if any of you have heard, but Michaels is going to be open on Thanksgiving day from 6-9pm (not in all states) and they are having an amazing sale on Cricut cartridges. The will be $29.00! Considering they usually sell between $50-90, that is AWESOME. They will also have the Cricut Create (their new machine with the portability of the orginal and the functionality of the Expression) half price. For Minnesota, that will put the price at around $150.00, so for those of you looking for a new machine, that might be the day to buy it!
Well, I'm off to scrap! Have a wonderful weekend!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Well everyone, I've been busy working in my scrap room again and I have some newly finished items I'd like to share with you.
This one is listed right now on eBay as a 100% Charity Auction in memory of sweetpeascraps (Kathy) who passed away recently after a brave battle with cancer. The proceeds are being donated to the American Cancer Society. Other sellers on eBay are also listing in Kathy's memory, and you can find the auctions this week (11/15) by searching sweetpea in the craft category.
Here is another layout that I finished that will be listed tomorrow (11/16) along with the Christmas Paper Bag. The colors are a little dull in the photo, but I really like the way this turned out. The background is a pale yellow, and the brown and blue actually look nice together in person.
I wish I could out the camera settings better. I feel like I'm always saying, "The pictures don't do this justice," but I"m saying it again! :) The pictures don't do this one justice. Be sure to check the eBay link below to look at my auctions!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Well, this was certainly a busy weekend. I've been painstakingly working on a 8x8 Christmas paper bag album, and I finally finished it! I'll be listing it on eBay shortly, so be sure to take a look at my links below to find it!
Here is a photo of the front cover of the ablum.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Ok. So I couldn't figure out how to add the number of photos that I wanted to, but I created a short video of still photos that will hopefully work.
My finished card measures 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches. Here are the instructions:
- Base paper of card measures 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I folded the card in half with my bone folder. I selected coordinating patter paper measuring 3 x 4 inches.
- I stamped my image (angel) with a VersaMark ink pad (you can choose to use embossing ink or whatever ink you desire) onto a larger piece that I will trim down after embossing.
- I placed the stamped image in the embossing tray and poured embossing powder onto the image. I moved the paper around to ensure thick even coverage. I then tapped the back of the paper to remove any excess powder.
- I heated by embossing gun for approximately 10 seconds before moving the gun over the paper to melt the powder. It is important to continue to move the heat gun and keep it approximately 4 inches away from the paper so that you don't burn it.
- I trimmed the embossed paper to size and tied a shimmery ribbon at the bottom in a knot. I embellished the coordinating pattern paper 6 brads.
- I assembled the card and used pop dots to raise the embossed image.
- Done :0)