Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heat Embossing Video

Ok. So I couldn't figure out how to add the number of photos that I wanted to, but I created a short video of still photos that will hopefully work.
My finished card measures 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches. Here are the instructions:
  1. Base paper of card measures 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I folded the card in half with my bone folder. I selected coordinating patter paper measuring 3 x 4 inches.
  2. I stamped my image (angel) with a VersaMark ink pad (you can choose to use embossing ink or whatever ink you desire) onto a larger piece that I will trim down after embossing.
  3. I placed the stamped image in the embossing tray and poured embossing powder onto the image. I moved the paper around to ensure thick even coverage. I then tapped the back of the paper to remove any excess powder.
  4. I heated by embossing gun for approximately 10 seconds before moving the gun over the paper to melt the powder. It is important to continue to move the heat gun and keep it approximately 4 inches away from the paper so that you don't burn it.
  5. I trimmed the embossed paper to size and tied a shimmery ribbon at the bottom in a knot. I embellished the coordinating pattern paper 6 brads.
  6. I assembled the card and used pop dots to raise the embossed image.
  7. Done :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment