Monday, August 15, 2011

Masculine Seashore Birthday Greeting Card

Another masculine birthday card.  This one is very simple, like yesterday's card.  I used no pattern paper, and chose to limit my embellishments.  I used the stamp set called Lighthouse from Stampin Up! for this card.  I used two of the stamps and "masked' the boat and then stamped the seagull on the pole to the right of the image.
 The sentiment is from Vintage Labels, also by Stampin Up! and I used the window punch to make the sentiment look like a tag under the navy button. 
 I used a base of River Rock, and layers of Chocolate Chip and Night of Navy that both have torn edges.
 I wrapped brown twine around the middle of the card and used it to secure the button as well.
Lastly, I used pop dots to raise the image over the thickness of the twine.  Simple and masculine. 

This card meets the theme requirements for the challege over at One Stop Craft Challenge this week (At the Beach). 

Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. You are very good at creating masculine cards! This one is so handsome and rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your masculine cards! I sometimes find it difficult to come up with a design for a guy card but you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete