Sunday, September 11, 2011

Simply Thinking of You Greeting Card

Today's card is a simple monotone card.  I was inspired by the colors of my neighbor's "burning bush" which is becoming very vibrant with call colors.  I know we'll have warm days left, but the colors are beginning here in Minnesota. 

I used two Stampin Up! stamp sets.  One of mine, Trendy Trees, for the sentiment, and one of my friend Norma's, Punch Potpourri.

 The colors are Purely Pomegranate, and Very Vanilla.

 I used a Martha Stewart border punch, and two punches from Stampin Up! for the sentiment. I used Norma's punches for the heart and butterfly as well as her ink pad and her Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. 
I bent the wings of the butterfly and mounted it with glue dots onto the Very Vanilla 5/8" ribbon.

 I added two pearls to the center of the butterfly.


Here is one final look.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed card! I'm from MN too and just love how the colors are changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the heart and butterfly combo and gorgeous coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card, it will definitely brighten someone's day. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete