Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stampin Up Embrace Life Envelope Pocket Flower and Butterfly Card

Hello All!  I  know that I've been away.  My husband's family is slowly working through the grieving process.  His sister is staying with us and his brother will be her on Wednesday to stay until he is also on his feet.  They have come together as a family to support each other during this time, so I ask for continued prayers for healing of their hearts, peace, and strength.

I've been doing some crafting with my sister-in-law and I'm happy to say that I have successfully crocheted a scarf, and two kitchen towels!  YAY!  I have also been playing in my paper room, and my friend Norma has been bringing me some COOL ideas!  Today's is the first I'll show you of the items Norma has shown me how to make.

 Forgive the photos, but the colors are Pretty In Pink, and Whisper White, with Pretty in Pink pattern paper as well.  This is a photo of the card with the pull-put section tucked inside.
 Here is what the card looks like when you pull our the center portion.  The card is made using an envelope and then a piece of cardstock as the pull out section.
 Here is a close up of the texture from the embosslit dies of the butterflies.  I used the stamp set Embrace Live, and used Pretty in Pink ink.
 Here is a close up of the flower...you get a little better idea of how dimensional this really is.
One more look at the final card.  Thanks for looking and sticking with me during the past few months!  God Bless!

Oh!  And a peek at the kitchen towels.  I made a pair of these.

5 comments:

  1. Happy to see you back and crafting again. Your card is very pretty. I like the pretty in pink, I use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting back into the swing of things...it's always hard after a loss. Your projects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the pretty details.


    ~Cheryl~

    **Check out my February Blog Candy**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made that flower - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are back in the craft room

    ReplyDelete