Monday, May 23, 2011

Handmade Stamped Greeting Card: Feminine Birthday

I'm still sticking to easy cards right now.  We made a good dent in the wedding invitations, but we still have a lot of work yet.  Today I took a break and decided to play with pink and black.  I also stamped up my Perfect Punches set for the first time.  Can you believe it?!?!?

 I would have liked to have a wider pink ribbon for the center, but I all I had was 1/4" of the Pretty in Pink.   I may have to switch it out for black or white...I'll see.
 I am happy with the EK Success punch behind the birthday sentiment.  I think the pearls finish it perfectly.
 I like the eyelet borders for the black and pink layers as well, but I'm not sold on the pattern paper.
 Here is a close up of the label--really the only thing I REALLY like about the card.

One more final look at the card.

Thanks for looking.  Let me know what you think.


6 comments:

  1. found this on pinterest and this is what I am doing for my daughters 2nd birthday invites but with a little twist. I love it since her colors are hot pink and black with the damask pattern. Just wondering how you did the eyelet border? I just printed some on my cricut but it did not come out as cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,I used they eyelet border punch from Stampin Up. Thanks for looking!

      Delete
  2. Found your card via Pinterest. Beautiful card and love the pink and black. Are the pink and black borders one piece or two separate pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bethany, and thank you for looking and commenting. I used two black pieces and two pink pieces that were approximately 2 inches wide. You could use while pieces, but I like to use less paper for the overall weight of the card as well as helping me extend my supplies. Happy stamping! Please let me know if I can answer anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think the artist in you is being critical! I think it's one of the most beautiful cards I've seen on Pintrest!! I will be making this.......but like you, I think I'd like a wider pink ribbon as well! Great Job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this idea! It's amazing thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete