Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tall and Slim Holiday Greeting Card

It isn't often that I make cards that are tall and thin, but I saw the Sketch Challenge #143 at Card Patterns, and I had to participate.  This card also works for the Anything Christmas challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Blog

 I used my sewing machine, punches, and three stamp sets for this card.  I'm not sure if I'm 100% pleased with the results, but I'll use the sketch again :0)

 The top stamped image is from So Many Scallops and I heat embossed it in gold powder.  I punched out the center with a 1" circle and then used a 1 1/4" punch in green, and the scallop to punch out the rest of the embossed image.
 I used twine, buttons, and a scallop border for more dimension.

 Here is a closer look of the embossed image.
 I used a stamp from Trendy Trees and Versa Mark ink for the Bravo Burgundy layer that the twine is wrapped around.

 The inside of the card is stamped from the third set.
One more look at the final card.

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Christine! I love the festive papers! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love the papers and colors you used! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the colors ,thank you for joining our challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday
    Hugs Winnie DT

    ReplyDelete