Sunday, March 20, 2011

Simple Sunday: Masculine Card

Today's Simple Sunday is an easy masculine card. I found that recently my supply of masculine cards for birthday (or actually any occasion) is running low, so I made a few in a similar style since they are quick and I can use my scraps. The recipe for the card below is:



  • Card base (Chocolate Chip): 11x 4 1/4"
  • First layer -- cardstock (Brocade Blue): 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Second layer --cardstock (Chocolate Chip): 3 1/4 x 3 3/4"
  • Third layer -- Pattern paper layer: 3 x 3 1/2"
  • Mat layer for stamped image (Brocade Blue): 2 1/2 x 2 1/2"
  • Stamped Image: 2 1/4 x 2 1/4"
  • 5/8" ribbon: Chocolate Chip
  • 3 embellishments (brads)
  • Chosen stamps (Birch Tree from Portfolio Collection, and Happy Birthday from All Occasions--both from Stampin Up!)
  • Oval punch
  • Ink for stamping and edging
  • Pop dots
I like the sketch for this card as it is easy to duplicate with lots of different stamps. For example, if the stamp I used was larger or smaller, it can still work with this sketch and can be turned if needed as well. Versatile!

No comments:

Post a Comment