Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Black-eyed Susan Birthday Card

Today's card is a 6 x 6" square card that I created with a few different techniques. 

 I started by stamping my image in Versamark and then "popping" color of chalk over the Versamark
 I used a vellum, metal rimmed tag and stamped my sentiment onto it.
 Here is a close up of the main Black eyed Susan.
 Once I finished chalking my image, I ran the paper through my embossing folder for a textured look of faux fabric.
 I ran my accent paper through the same embossing folder, embellished the card with ribbon, brads, and a button.

This card is eligible for the following challenges:

Birthday Sundaes:  Anything goes
Sketch Saturday:  Sketch
Papertake Weekly:  Anything goes
One Stitch at a Time:  Emboss it
Splitcoast Stampers:  Inspired by the sun F4A57
Thanks for looking, and happy stamping!


9 comments:

  1. Love how you embossed it, like it is fabric!
    Great idea! Really nice color combination, and the ribbon with the button in the middle really complete this beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous - how very different
    thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the embossing, amazing affect. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly.

    x Hugs Meera x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, lovely colors and details.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I love what you did with the flowers... I don't understend how you did it but I LOVE it!... I should ask for some lessons on that... Beautiful card as usual!
    Thanks for playing along at Birthday Sundaes.
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is so beautiful! Great techniques! I too love to emboss after I stamp! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a amazing card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is neat! I love the embossing on top of the image. Thanks so much for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete