Saturday, May 14, 2011

Special Masculine Birthday Card: Fishing Opener

Today's card I made for a special nephew's birthday.  He was actually the best man at our wedding and is celebrating his 30th birthday this coming week.  His surprise party is today!  Shhhhhhhhhh...don't tell!

 He enjoys fishing and since today is the fishing opener here in Minnesota, I thought this theme was fitting.
 I stamped and cut out two fish from my Stampin UP Fly Fishing stamp set.  Then I used twine to look like the fish were strung up.


 I used foam from left over stamp mounting, and used it to "pop" up the fish.
 I used my argyle embossing folder for texture.
 I stamped the inside with the sentiment from Cheery Chat.
One more look at the final card.

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment