Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cheap Crafting Tip: What's Old is New Again

So usually my blog is strictly paper crafting and tips, however, my extremely talented sister-in-law has been visiting from Indiana for the past week, and she's got me thinking about tons of other possibilities. 

We were talking about how my sewing machine is only used for paper, and then she showed me a book she got that shows a variety of bags and purses that have been made by recycling fabric from all kinds of sources. 

I happened to have two boxes of clothes packed away for donation to Good Will.  She was able to create this ADORABLE bag with a pair of capri and pajama bottoms.

 Here is a close up of the handles
 She even added a liner made from a pant leg from a pair of old work pants.
I may have a new addiction!  I'm trying to get her to take a try at selling some of these great creations at my Etsy store, so keep your eyes posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment