Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thrifty Scrapbook Tip: Chipboard Box Tutorial

I told you that I was going to show you some cool things you can make with chipboard recycled from things around your home.  This box was made out of a cracker box.


 I started by opening the seems of the box and laying it flat.
 Then I trimmed it to 8 inches wide (each side pane was 4 inches)
 When I was done I had two pieces, one measuring 8 x 4" and one 6 1/2 x 4" (I took advantage of the 1/2"edge the manufaturer used to create the box, in addition to their fold lines). 

 I applied sticky strip to the smaller of the two pieces as shown in the photo.


 Then I assembled my shell.

 The drawer started with a 8" square scored at 2" on all sides.
 I snipped two score marks on opposite sides.

 So here is the drawer snipped and ready to apply sticky strip.


 I applied sticky strip as shown in this photo.

 I embellished by adding a handle and a rose made from the Stampin Up Ornament punch.

Thanks for looking!  I hope you enjoy finding uses to recyle your chipboard in your paper crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment