Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chipboard Window Box Card

Earlier this week I shared with you that you can use chipboard that you find around the house in your paper crafting.  I used the front and side panels of a pasta box to make the front of this card.  I chose to use chipboard covered in pattern paper rather than cardstock because I wanted it to be very sturdy.  I want the recepient to be able to display the card without worries of it falling over.

 Here is a look at the card laying flat on my scrap table.  I used a post it note to cover the cello panel in the box to make a centered, square window.  I used a ruler and an exacto knife to cut out the window (you could use Nesties if you have the size you're looking for.).
 Here it is open and standing.

 I heat embossed the flower and then ran it through an embossing folder for texture
 Here is another view into the "window"
 
Thanks for looking!  I'll share other uses for your chipboard in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment