Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tutorial: Large Scallop Border from Flower Punches

I wanted to have a scallop border and my Nestabilites were just not the right size. I have the petite scallops, and I wanted a different look, so I made this scallop border instead.


I'm going to show you how to make a scallop border from the large flower punch that Stampin Up has.

My size circle took exactly 2 flowers.

I started by cutting between each petal to the center of the flower and continued until I had 5 separate petals from each flower. Here are the 10 petals I used for my border. I flipped my image over and applied adhesive to the outside edge of the circle. Then I started applying the petal around the edge. This is a photo of the back of the circle once all the petals were in place. Magic! A custom scallop edge for pennies! Stop back later to see how I used my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment