Monday, April 4, 2011

Tutorial: Bleaching Resist with Heat Embossing

The other day I showed you how to stamp with bleach to remove the color from your cardstock. Today I'm going to show you how to bleach the color from certain portions of your stamped image. These three roses were stamped and heat embossed on three different shades of pink to show you the difference and the subtleties of the bleaching as your colors are lighter.


I started with three shades of pink (Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Blush Blossom from Stampin Up!) I heat embossed the rose on each color Now comes the fun part. Painting with bleach!
I poured a very small amount of bleach into the cap of the bottle and used a very fine brush to begin removing color from the roses.


This is the Pretty In Pink piece (the darkest of the three). You'll note that the bleached petals stand out quite a bit, because of the darkness of the beginning color.


The petals that still have some pink remaining were brushed once the paint brush was almost dry. This allowed me more control with the amount of color to remove.


Now onto the Pink Pirouette piece, the middle shade of the three.


You'll note in this one, the removal of the color with the bleach is much more subtle.


Again, here are all three images after the bleaching was done.

Wednesday I'll show you the card I made with the Pink Pirouette image, so make sure to stop back!

No comments:

Post a Comment