Saturday, April 9, 2011

Asian Artistry Distressed Thank You Card

One of my favorite looks for cards is the distressed look. There are may ways to get this look, but some simple, inexpensive ways that I use are, inking with brown stamp pads, chalk, paper tearing or sanding, and sewing.


Here is a card I finished this morning.


I inked all the edges of all the papers and layers with a brown stamp pad after I used various sanding blocks and my distressing scissors (See my Distress for Less post here if you don't remember what I'm talking about).





I used my sewing machine on the border of the pattern paper. This pattern paper is an old DSP from Stampin Up called Porcelain Prints, and it has a sanded, distressed look to it, so I pulled the inspiration from the paper. BTW, it's one of my FAVORITE! sets of paper and I'll be incredibly sad when all my scraps of it are gone.


I used a border punch and repeated a strip of the pattern paper on the inside of the card to show through the design of the punch. I added three graduated flat-back pearls for more dimension


One final look at the card.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment