Thanks for stopping by today. I'm going to show you how to make a notepad holder for a 5 x 8 note pad. These make wonderful little gifts.
With the help of a friend, I was able to actually video tape today's turtorial. I'll type out the instructions for those of you who may not be able to view the videos.
Here is a list of the supplies that you'll need:
*a piece of chipboard measuring 8 1/2 x 11"
*cardstock measuring 4 1/2 x 11" (Dusty Durango used in sample)
*pattern paper measuring 4 1/4 x 11"
*a piece of coordinating cardstock measuring 1 x 8 1/2" (Chocolate Chip used in sample--I also realized that on the video I said 1 x 11"--OOPS!)
*24 " of coordinating ribbon (Chocolate Chip 5/8" satin ribbon used in the sample)
*Cutter with scoring blade or Bone folder
*5 x 8 notepad
- Taking your piece of chipboard, place it on your cutter so that the 11 inch side is horizontal. Score it at 5 1/4"
- Take it out of your cutter and flip is around so that the end that was furtherest to your left is now on your right and score again at 5 1/4"
- Repeat the first two steps with the cardstock and the pattern paper
- apply your cardstock and pattern paper to the chipboard
- attach your ribbon in the center where your two papers meet, making sure the same amout of ribbon overlaps on each side for easier tying later
- apply you border if your papers leave any exposed chipboard on the edge
- apply your stamped image and sentiment and any embellishments you choose to add to the front.
- open the book and using a strong adhesive, glue your notebook into the right-hand side of the book
- tie your book closed and your done!
Here is the video tutorial if you'd like to watch
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of the tutorial!