Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wonderful Mother Card

I was thinking about my wonderful mother who passed on in 1999. While I can't send her a special card, I can use my love for her as the inspiration when I'm making cards for other people to share with their Mother's.

Mom was a very special woman. She brought sunshine into every room she entered with her smile and laugh. I used bright, bold colors that reflected mom's personality. I used Stampin Up paper to make the card. The base of this card is Mambo Melon, there are Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Rich Razzzleberry cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, and Pumpkin Pie ribbon. I used the pink ink to stamp my sentiment as well as to accent the embossing of the rose I used the Manhattan flower embossing folder from Stampin Up, on my Top Note die, and then cut it so that only the rose was showing. Then I applied the ink to the raised edges. I used some graduated dew drop looking accents (my apologies, I can't remember what they're called) I got from Michael's.


One more look at the card.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment