Friday, April 15, 2011

Faux Fabric and Punched Circle Edge

Today's card was made using a few techniques I found over at my favorite spot, Splitcoast Stampers. I used my eyelet border punch to make the scalloped edge around my stamped image for a new technique challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. You can see the challenge here. I also used the faux fabric technique from the tutorial at Splitcoast as well, which you can find here.


I heat embossed my stamped image and sentiment, and then colored the flower and leaves with chalk. I inked and distressed the edges of my papers, as well as the Very Vanilla Ribbon, and I machine stitched around the edge of my pattern papers.
I really like the look of the two techniques, and will certainly be using them again!
I searched my stash and found some large metal floral brads that I added to the bottom corner.
Recipe:

Stampin Up stamp set: Asian Artistry
Stampin Up Cardstock: So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White

Pattern Paper: DCWV The Cafe Mediterranean

No comments:

Post a Comment