Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bright Butterfly Greeting Card

I've spoken of my lovely friend Norma before, and I'm going to mention her again.  She and I had a play date earlier this week to make cards.  She let me raid her stamps.  I was supposed to be focused on baby cards and images, and once I had a plan for those cards and Norma helped me stamp enough images to complete them she let me play with her brand new stamps set, Punch Potpourri.

 I used Pixie Pink Ink to stamp the butterfly and then punched out two companion butterflies in Ballet Blue and Old Olive.
 I decided I wanted to make a fairly simple card today since it's been a long week, so I dug into the stamped and punched images from my play date.
 I ran the white paper and the solid butterflies through my Cuttlebug folder, and then distressed the top and bottom edge of the black paper.
 I used black gingham ribbon and some gems for a finishing touch
I stamped the sentiment and then decided to add gems to the left side of the card as well.

That's all there is to this one.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful! I love butterflies. The texture and the bling on the butterflies really make them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design and all the details on this card! Really pretty... Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete