Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspired by Nature: Birthday Easel Greeting Card

Today I had some wonderful friends come over to help assemble wedding invitations for my sister's wedding.  She is the inspiration for my blog name, Etsy ID, and eBay ID, and I love her a ton!  Today was really productive and we were able to finish all the invitations we had enough supplies to finish.  That being said, we didn't have enough of the printed words, or pearls, so we'll have to get together again to finish the invites. 

Being that we weren't able to finish the invites completely, we were done earlier than we expected, so there was time to play.  Angela and Vonnie made cards as Norma and I helped them with guidance and assistance (ok, my bossiness may have taken over a few times).  Both ladies made a beautiful birthday card.  Angela decided on an easel card, and Vonnie made a standard card.

Both ladies have scrapped with me for years, but Vonnie is new to the stamping world and was a bit aprehensive about making the card.  They both turned out lovely and I think I've helped identify a new addiction for Vonnie!  :)  ENABLER!

I'm grateful for the wonderful friends that my hobby has brought into my life and I'm happy that everyone seemed to enjoy the day.  Here are photos of Angela's easel card.


Each of the ladies used a base of So Saffron, and then Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.
 They used Chocolate Chip satin 5/8" ribbon, and the stamp sets Inspired by Nature, and Well Scripted.

 Ink colors are Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Daffodil Delight.  They used daubers to fill the stamp with ink for the flowered image, and stamped off the grass image for a lighter background look.
Angela decided to use the Cricut and cut out butterflies as her "stoppers" and we embossed each with embossing folders and the Cuttlebug.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment: