Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrifty Scrapbook Tip Tutorial: Scallop Border from Large Flower Punch

I mentioned a few days ago that I was experimenting with my punches to come up with a larger scallop border for my cards, and today's tutorial is using the Large Flower punch from Stampin Up!

In a post earlier this year, I shared with you my tutorial on how to use this same punch for a scallop border around a circle shape.  This is the same technique, but applied in a straight line rather than circle.

 After punching flowers in your chosen colors, cut each petal to the center an separate.
 Apply adhesive to the back of your piece of paper and begin adhering your petals.  The back should look similar to this.
 This is the view from the front
 Continue with additional layers as desired.  I moved my second color over so that the scallops were not in the identical place.
 Here is a close up of the two scallop rows created.
 Here is a look at my final card.  I used Stampin Up's Punch Potpourri set for the bird, and Hero Arts for the sentiment.


 Here is a close up of the bird wing.  It's hard to tell that I bent it to look more 3-d

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Great tip! I really like the monochromatic color scheme. The bird is so pretty, I am partial to swirls and flourishes lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing a great tip and for creating such perfectly written directions.

    ReplyDelete