Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Scrapbook Tip: Circle Punch for Scallop Border

I'm still working on baby cards and decided that I wanted a larger scallop border for the bottom of the card.  I don't have one, so I needed to get creative again.  This one is my first attempt with a circle punch.

I used a 1 1/2" circle punch and cut the circles in half and then adhered them to the bottom of my base. Then I attached the other layers.




 I used dimensionals under the window punch for the "hanging" pieces on the right.
The bear needed a bow if the window punches were going to have them.

Here is a closer look at the punches creating the border.  I overlapped them slightly.  I'll be trying other puncehs later this weekend.  I'm thinking a 3/4" or even the flower circle punch will work as well.  I'll show you what I come up with!

Here is another view of the card.

I started with a base of Close to Cocoa, then the border in More Mustard, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery.  The stamping is done on Very Vanilla with Basic Brown ink.  I don't remember where I got the pattern paper. 

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love the 3 strips of paper with the ribbons and brads! Really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, love how you added the strips with bows... this is the perfect finishing touch! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete