Sunday, June 5, 2011

Penny Black: Whimsy Birthday Greeting Card

With the weather being so gorgeous out, I decided to make a fun and whimsy card with some bright colors.  What could be more whimsy than a cute stamp from Penny Black?  These colors also work wonderfully for the challenge over at The Corrosive Challenge Blog to use summer colors...what say summer more than blue?

I used some fun pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. 
 Stampin Up! cardstock in Pacific Point, Green Galore, and Passion Pink
 My sewing machine in a fun an whimsy patter rather than straight rows.
 And a trio of buttons from my stash.
 I didn't have Nesties large enough for my image, so I used my trusty EK Success Circle Scisors for the image and pink layers.
For the scallop, I used my small circle scallop punch from Stampin Up! and cut it into pieces and then attached them around the edge.  I used the same technique as the large flower punch border tutorial, except I cut the small scallop circle into two bumps for each cut...I'll take photos and do a tutorial specifically for this some time in the future.

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment