Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Greeting Card--Turquoise and Chocolate

I'm working on my cards for a swap over at Splitcoaststampers.  The theme is polka dots.  I'm having a "ball" playing with options for this card and I'm excited to participate in my first card swap over there.

Today's card is one of the cards I've been playing with for this swap.  I'm not quite happy with it yet, so I'll be changing it up a bit before I send the cards out.

 I'm not sold on the ribbon or the one striped patter paper.
 I stamped the inside with more polka-dots.
 I ran the cardstock through the embossing folder and then sanded it a bit to show the white core.
 The pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye
 I used my nestie for the sentiment, and my circle punch for the other circles.
 I actually used the nestie to also emboss the edge on the sentiment.
So here is one more look at my first prototype for my polka dot swap card.  You should sign up too!  Here is the link to the discussion if you want to read more about it.

Thanks for looking, and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment