Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thrifty Scrapbook Tip: Stamp Instead of Pattern Paper

Today's thrifty tip is to save the money you pay for pattern paper, and use stamps instead.  For this card (ok quality of the photos STINKS--Sorry!) I stamped backgrounds or circles of different types in VersaMark.  In future cards using such a light cardstock, I'll use the same color ink as the paper to ensure the images show up better.

I used my 1" circle punch to make the "design"

 I punched some flowers with my flower trio punch from Stampin Up!
 I added some mini pearl flat backs to the center of the flowers,
and selected some circles to add pop-dots too for more dimension.



 Another great look is to stamp the sentiment onto the base instead of the extra circle.
 This is a technique and layout I can repeat many times and use less than one sheet of cardstock to create it!
Cheap and I get along well!


No comments:

Post a Comment