Friday, July 23, 2010

Formula Friday #3--Simple Cards

There is something to be said for simplicity in cards. There is a way to bring elegance and beauty in simple touches. Look at the two cards below. Beautiful cards don't have to take hours to create. Don't get me wrong, I spend plenty of hours on some of my cards, but my point is that you don't have to. :0) Both of these samples I made for my stamping club card exchange. They're simple, but I'm still proud to share them with others.

Simple Wedding card

This card is very simple. There is one piece of pattern paper, one piece of cardstock that is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, one piece of carstock cut with a border punch on both sides to make the "banner", and two stamped images cut out with a punch and adhered with pop-dots.

Simple Sympathy card

Next is this simple sympathy card. I again used an embossing folder to make the background textureds, and then a simple sentiment and coordinating ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment