Monday, July 12, 2010

Monotone Monday

Hello All! What a weekend! BUSY is an understatement! Summer seems to go so quickly and seems to be the busiest time of year for so many. One way that I try to stay calm during the flurry of activities is to take time for scrapping or stamping in my room. It may take me hours to create something, or just a few minutes, but that time always seems to help me refocus on the priorities afterwards.

With the chaos of life in full swing, today's time for playing in my room was pretty limited, so I decided to try using an easier palette of inspiration by limiting the color combinations to think through. Here is the inspiration for today’s card.





Here is my interpretation.



How did I do it?

I used an A2 size. The base layer is Basic Black, alternating with Whisper White in 1/8" increments. The stamp set I used for the sentiment was Short and Sweet. The background stamp is Acanthus by Rubber Stampede, and the chipboard accent is by Maya Road.
I covered the chipboard in black ink, then heat embossed it with Kaleidescope Transparent embossing powder by Stampendous. Then I inked it up again with my embossing pad and added a layer of Detail Black Opaque embossing powder also by Stampendous.
What do you think? What can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment