Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thrifty Thursday--Get the Most From Your Paper

As always, I'm looking for ways to stretch my stamping and scrapping supplies and dollars. Today's tip is sometimes an easy thing to overlook. I don't know about you, but for me, the more layers of paper on my cards the more I like the finished product. The problem can be that there is often a lot of paper underneath other layers of paper that is really wasted. For example, in the card I showed you for the Two Tuesday Challenge # 7, the largest layer or cardstock was 4 1/2" square, and only 1/4" shows around the edges. That equals a lot of paper wasted for the two layers that are hidden. The other problem can be the final weight of the card can cost you additional postage to mail. My suggestion, cut out the center of the bottom layers and use them as scraps for punches or stamping. Some of you have cutting machines and accessories that will allow you to cut perfectly from the center. I don't, so I use an Exacto knife.

Here is my paper saving from Tuesday's card.



Repeated for the next layer as well.



To look from the top, you'd never know the layers aren't full.


Share your thrifty tips with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment