Friday, July 16, 2010

Formula Friday # 2--Simple Masculine Card

Hello Everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY! Today's fast formula is for a simple masculine card. When we were getting ready to move I knew that I had to make Birthday cards for a card swap for my stamping group. I needed to make two months worth of cards before I could pack up my scrapping/stamping supplies and let's just say I ran out of creative juices after the more elaborate month's cards. So, I decided to go with an easier card. I started and finished 12 of these cards in less than an hour. A personal best for me and I actually like the final product.

The colors aren't showing up very well, but I used Stampin Up! Dusty Durango, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, and Kraft cardstock and then pattern paper from K & Company and buttons from my stash. Here is the final product from this month's swap.



This is an A2 card. The base is folded at the top. I used Timber Brown StazOn stamp pad. The layer measurements are below.

  • Kraft: 3 x 3 3/4"
  • Soft Suede: 3 1/4 x 4"
  • Night of Navy: 3 1/2 x 4 1/4"
  • pattern paper: 4 x 2"

This recipe can work for any theme or stamp set and comes together really quickly. The longest part for me was picking the right colors. I'm not one that usually combines oranges and blues, and I usually stamp my images on white or vanilla, so this was a combination inspired completely by the pattern paper.


What will you create?

No comments:

Post a Comment