Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Two Challenge Tuesday #8 and Tutorial

Hello All! Today's Two challenge Tuesday is sketch and technique challenge. Use the sketch below and use a background stamp. Here is my sample and the steps I took to make the card. I used to be afraid of background stamps because I struggled to get an even image.
First, here is the sketch to today's super simple card.

I started by scoring my paper.

In order to make sure that the inked image only shows on the side of my card that I want it to, I masked it with a scratch piece of paper.


Then I inked up my background stamp with a good layer of ink.


Lined it up with the edge of my guide (masked), and applied even pressure, rubbing the stamp back and forth without picking it up off the paper.


Now this is what my card looks like. You'll note that the background image doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the card, but that's fine since there will be a layer of patterned paper covering that section.



Here is the front of the card with the pattern paper in place


Next I stamped my sentiment and punched it out. I then inked the edges with the same color ink that I used to stamp my background.



Here is the completed inked sentiment.


Then I used the horizontal slot punch to make the "buckles" on the sentiment.




I slipped my ribbon through the holes.






Used glue dots to secure the ribbon to the card, and I'm done.


How will you answer this challenge?


No comments:

Post a Comment